|FORM I||FORM II||FORM III||FORM IV||QUIZ|
28.0.0 REFLECTION AND CONGRUENCE (12 Lessons)
28.2.1 lines and planes of symmetry
28.2.2 mirror lines and construction of objects and images.
28.2.3 reflection as a transformation
28.2.4 reflection in the Cartesian plane.
28.2.5 direct and opposite congruency.
28.2.6 Congruency tests (SSS, SAS, AAS, ASA and RHS)
• Practical aspects should be used as much as possible
• ASS does not prove triangles congruent except when the triangles are right angled
• Images are oppositely congruent to their objects under reflection
• Suggested Resources
Mirrors, Cartesian plane, various symmetrical objects, tracing and graph papers, real life
• Suggested Further Assessment
- Practical exercises using
minors and constructions
- Short test on 28.0.0